Why Volunteer with the MTHC?
Do you have an interest in history? Do you enjoy learning new things? Do you like working with children? Do you want to give back to your community? If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider becoming a part of the Middle Tennessee History Coalition.
History has long been a neglected subject in America’s schools. When attention is given it often comes in the form of memorizing names, dates, and places. The Middle Tennessee History Coalition augments the education received in schools by providing engaging and interactive heritage programming.Some of us are history geeks at heart. Some of us like building things. Some of us like the camaraderie, and some of us just like to stay busy.
There are a thousand ways you can help the Coalition; cooking and serving meals, running errands, doing research, traffic control, building displays, serving as tour guides, grooming trails, and teaching history being just a few.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Give back to your community
- Learn new things
- Quarterly period skills classes
- Share your passion for history
- Annual appreciation banquet
- Be a part of the premier heritage event in middle Tennessee
- Have a lot of fun!
Who We Need
- Time Travelers – travel back in time through living history to help others understand and appreciate our heritage
- Micro-Managers – help plan and implement activities
- Lunch Breakers – cook and distribute food to other volunteers
- Event Ambassadors – serve as docents to the public during Coalition activities
- Super Handyman – design, build, repair, fabricate, and more
- Captain of Commerce – help run our concession stands and ticket booths
- Carnival Barker – help us spread the word about what we do
- Historians – help conduct the historical research used to develop new programs
- Paparazzi – help document and publish photos of our unique programming
- Many, many more!
For more information, fill out our contact form and let us know what you are interested in.